Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Half-Lived

This morning, I came across this reading, and it hit home with me so I thought I'd share.  It comes from the popular devotional by Sarah Young, Jesus Calling.

"Here and Now compromise the coordinates of your daily life. Most people let their moments slip through their fingers, half-lived.  They avoid the present by worrying about the future or longing for a better time or place."

Maybe this hit me because I'm in the early part of my forty's and time just became a little more important, maybe it's been the cold, wet spring, putting me in a restless mood, maybe it's the road of life that has been creating road bumps with the people I work with, coach, and in my community, Who knows?  The phrase "half-lived" is what caught my attention.


I am guilty of too many half-lived days lately, and looking back, it is not that I am not happy where I am, rather, I worry about results of things in the past, and what I don't know will happen in the future.  I need to enjoy each day as they come and the little things that come with each day.  Life is to short, don't "half-live" it.



A day lived to the fullest does not have to be spent on a roller coaster, in an exotic country, or even doing an ironman, it is the ability to notice the world around you, the people in your life, and contribute to making this world a better place, one day at a time.





 Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment